Now that I have covered some of the basics, I can begin to delve into my findings. Last Friday I decided to try out a local brewery, Belmont Brewing Company. Although they have nice patio seating with a view of the surrounding beach, I sadly learned that you have to sit in the bar in order to have their Happy Hour prices. Their bar was quite loud and service was sporadic, but you can expect this during a Happy Hour. One thing I like about Belmont Brewing Co. is that they have Happy Hours on every day of the week. I strongly suggest checking the Happy Hour days and times of breweries and restaurants nearby to see when their Happy Hours are because they really are a bargain. Belmont Brewing Co. is no exception to this. I was able to get an appetizer, small entree and beer all for $10. Speaking of which, I'll get to the main point of this blog, the beer! Belmont Brewing Co. has 5 year-round brews, so I decided that I should try one. You'll find and nearly all breweries that there will be descriptions of the beers. These are my saviors. As I don't have a smart phone, I don't have the internet at my fingertips wherever I go, so looking things up on RateBeer.com or BeerAdvocat.com is not always an option. This is when I need and use the descriptions the most, so based off of its descriptions, I chose Top Sail: an Amber Ale with a toasty malty flavor and medium bitterness. Having never had an Amber Ale before I could not be as sure if I would like the overall taste of the beer, but seeing "toasty malty flavor" I felt I still made a safe, educated decision. My decision definitely paid off too! I loved the Top Sail and so now I know that I can begin to venture into malty Ambers. I am excited to see where this path leads me, but until then, drink responsibly.
- The Brewnette
No comments:
Post a Comment